Our Mission is: “Planted by Christ to glorify God, proclaim Christ, teach the Bible, encourage growth to Christian maturity, serve others, reach the lost and advance God’s kingdom”
Looking at each statement the following outcomes can be seen:
- Planted by Christ: This church did not just arrive by the whim of men but Christ used men to plant this church
- To glorify God: This is our main purpose, to Glorify God. Remember the first Question and Answer of the Shorter Catechisms:
- Q. What is the chief end of man?
- A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
So also our chief end as a church is to Glorify God.
- Proclaim Christ: It is our duty to proclaim Christ to all men, both saved and unsaved, as the power of the Gospel is in the sovereign work of God, and not in man.
- Teach the Bible: We must teach the Bible to ourselves including our children, and the people God brings to salvation.
We need to understand what we believe and we need the light of the Word of God in our lives daily.
- Encourage growth to Christian maturity: Not only do we need to know what the Bible teaches but we need to ensure that we grow in sanctification (Godliness)
- Serve others: John 13:35 “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” This means we serve each other first in the church then outside
- Reach the lost: Matt 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations…” This is our commission to the unsaved.
- Advance God’s kingdom: If we do all the above then we will advance God’s Kingdom.